A space to prioritize you
Entering the main entrance on the third floor, at the top of a new staircase, students will be welcomed into a lounge with comfortable, fun, and functional furniture that invites you to pause, rest, and recharge. Adjacent to the lounge is a flexible space with movable tables to host a variety of programs that help students prioritize their mental and physical health, develop healthy relationships, and clarify their sense of purpose. Two private offices in the Lab will allow students to have private support meetings with offices like S3, GradSupport, and Student Mental Health and Counseling Services. A kitchenette rounds out the space, allowing for programs to be hosted around healthy eating and nutrition – or be a spot where students can reliably pick up a cup of hot tea!
What kinds of programs to expect
In addition to being a place for students to just hang out, the Lab will also host a variety of wellbeing programs. Some examples include:
- Therapy dogs
- Workshops on sleep and self-care
- Healthy eating and nutrition demonstrations
- Wellness screenings
- Workshops on financial wellbeing and professional development
- Recreation classes hosed by DAPER
- Events hosted by student groups including Wellbeing Ambassadors, PLEASURE, and MedLinks
- Regular weekend programs hosted by SaveTFP
Do you have an idea for a good program to take place in the Wellbeing Lab? Consider applying to be a Wellbeing Lab Assistant or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your ideas!