Wellbeing Lab Assistants
Wellbeing Lab Assistants (WLAs) will play a critical role in ensuring the Wellbeing Lab’s success and making it a destination for wellbeing. In addition to welcoming students to the space and serving as a friendly, peer resource, WLAs will assist with the ideation, planning, and promotion of events and programs in the Lab. WLAs will work closely with the Office of Student Wellbeing (OSW) team to ensure they’re familiar with resources to direct students to and to spark innovative marketing and programming ideas that draw students to the Lab.
Who can apply?
- Any undergraduate and graduate student who considers themselves reliable, dedicated, team-oriented, and interested in promoting wellbeing.
What is expected of me, concretely?
- WLAs will be required to participate in a one or two day in-person training (to be determined prior to the start of the Fall 2023 semester) and attend meetings throughout the semester.
- During the academic year, WLAs will be required to work a minimum of 4 hours/week. More hours may be available based on other staff scheduling.
- In addition to employing good customer service skills to ensure that the Lab is a welcoming space for all students, WLAs may also be involved in other responsibilities based on their availability and interest area. Some examples include working on marketing and communication to promote the space, organizational and administrative work to maintain the space, and planning events for students.
What do I get out of this?
- WLAs will be paid $15/hour (including any training, meetings, and in-person staffing of the lab)
- We’re biased, but we think a lot more in addition to compensation! The inaugural group of WLAs will have the opportunity to be a part of shaping something new and incredibly important for the MIT student community. We think that’s an experience of a lifetime!
- We think repping the brand is really important so you can also count on getting lots of swag including apparel, tchotchkes, and any other things that you propose that get the word out there.
How do I apply?
- We no longer have open positions at the moment. Check back later for more info!
If you have any questions you can email us at email@example.com.