The ARM Coalition
The Accessing Resources at MIT (ARM) Coalition ensures that MIT students with the highest economic need have access to the resources necessary to be successful.
The ARM Coalition links students with the highest economic need to resources on campus. The Coalition’s mission to address and support students experiencing financial hardship is achieved through promoting resources, identifying areas for improvement, and proposing solutions to address any gaps in support. The ARM Coalition is a resource for MIT students who may be most deeply impacted by financial inequity and financial hardship, and serves as a place for students to find support with financial issues.
The ARM Coalition helps connect students to many ongoing initiatives on campus. These include the Clothing Drive, in collaboration with the Women’s League, the Brass Rat tradition, in collaboration with the Ring Committee, Spring Celebrations in collaboration with the Senior Class, and Celebrate Together, a housing initiative with Housing and Residential Services that offers a limited amount of on campus housing to families during graduation.
The ARM Coalition meets approximately once a semester. All members are required to respect and maintain the confidential nature of Coalitions discussions. Meeting agendas are set by the chairs with input from the Coalition members.
The ARM Coalition Membership List:
- Kirsty Bennett, Manager, MIT Women’s League
- Leslie Bridson, Director, Student Financial Services
- Don Camelio, Assistant Dean, Student Support Services*
- Jade Durham, Undergraduate Student
- Sophia Hasenfus, Diversity, Equity, and Belonging Officer, DUSP
- Jocelyn Heywood, Sr. Staff Assoc, Office of First Year Advising and Programs
- Alex Hoyt, Staff Associate, Office of First Year Advising and Programs
- Shannon Hunt, Executive Assistant, MIT Libraries
- Somiya Kalloo, Assistant Dean, Office of Minority Education
- Jessica Landry, Assistant Dean, Office of Graduate Education
- Jennifer Lawrence, Assistant Dean, CARE Team*
- Melissa Martin-Greene, Assistant Director, UROP
- Kate McCarthy, Associate Dean, Student Support and Wellbeing**
- Cathy Modica, Academic Administrator, Physics*
- Amy Piantedosi, Director, Student Financial Services
- Miri Skolnik, Assistant Dean, Student Support Services
- Elizabeth Cogliano Young, Associate Dean, Office of the First Year Advising and Programs
**denotes advisor to the Coalition
If you believe you may be eligible for any of the above mentioned initiatives or have any questions about the ARM Coalition, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.