Skip to content
Professor Hughey uses a Google Form to streamline extension requests in 2.671.
- Create a Google form, like the form used in 2.671, for students to request a short extension.
- Give students a deadline for requesting an extension (i.e., at least 24 hours prior to the time the assignment is due).
- Make sure this is clearly stated in the course syllabus.
- Reduces barriers to asking for help, which can be especially hard if a student is not comfortable sharing specific details about personal issues.
- Helps teaching staff easily track extensions and identify students who may need to be referred to support resources.